Who are we?
PlacesinTurkey.net; attaches great importance to the protection and security of personal data and in this context, within the framework of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 (“KVKK”), has made it a principle to protect the privacy of its customers, employees and business partners in all its activities and throughout the time spent on the site by being aware of the importance of data privacy and security.
Detailed explanations about the security of your personal information are explained below and presented to you, the users.
What is Personal Data?
Within the scope of KVKK, personal data means “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person”.
Personal data you have shared with our company (name-surname, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail address, address, surveys, photographs, video recordings and any other kind of Personal Data you share with us through the channels mentioned above, etc.), other information, including automatic search machines, image and sound recording devices, personal data collected automatically through Cookies or other means, and other information, including personal data from other sources (social media tools, the address information that you have shared with our business partners, suppliers, other third parties and us based on your prior consent; account information, purchase, page view information; information such as search terms and search results, Personal Data such as paid listings) can be examples.
For What Purpose Are Personal Data Processed?
Your personal data obtained from your visit to our website,
- Suggesting and promoting the products and services offered by the site to the relevant persons by customizing them according to the tastes, usage habits and needs of the persons concerned.
- Planning and execution of User/Member/Admin relationship management processes,
- Execution of User/Member/Admin satisfaction processes,
- Arrangement of all records and documents that will be the basis of the transaction in electronic (internet / mobile / Call Center, etc.) or paper environment,
- Promoting and presenting the services offered by the site according to your needs,
- Providing User / Member / Admin supply,
- Fulfilling, maintaining, executing, developing the activities of the site,
- Making promotions, campaigns and similar activities toward the services,
- Fulfilling the requirements of the contracts drawn up or to be drawn up,
- Planning, statistics, User/Member/Admin satisfaction studies, ensuring security,
- Maintaining the legal and commercial security of people who have commercial relations with the site,
- Compliance with information transfer and reporting obligations requested by public institutions or other authorities,
- Evaluating customer complaints and suggestions about our services,
- Ensuring the legal, technical and commercial-occupational security of the people who are in a business relationship with the site,
- Providing technical support to you,
- Your usage information of the Site in order to detect and correct technical/software errors and deficiencies encountered during your visit and use of the Site,
- Your identity (name and surname), contact (e-mail address, telephone number) and password information for the purposes of ensuring the realization of membership transactions, fulfilling the requirements of the membership agreement we will conclude with you, making member login, and providing membership information.
- Benefit from membership programs, creation of general or personalized campaigns, advantages, promotions, advertisements, organizing campaigns, contests, sweepstakes and other events, performing segmentation, reporting, profiling, marketing and analysis studies, advertising and marketing/communication activities of the _______________ website (notifications , pop-up display, personalized offers, customizing user screens, advertisements, searches, surveys, etc. on the Mobile Application and the Site) in Mobile App, Site or other 3rd party environments, improving the user experience on the Site and Mobile Application, your marketing information (date of birth, gender, province, district, address, demographic information, attitudes towards notifications/surveys/offers/campaigns within the Site and Mobile Application, habits, favorites, likes, behaviors, preferences, search movements, segments, basket information, past purchases, and the shopping amount, content, payment method, preferences and channels regarding these purchases, the bank information where the payment is made, cookie records, cookie and advertising identifier/ID information and device ID, Mobile Application usage time and version information, communication preferences, information of the browser used, brand, model, technical specification and operating system information of the device used, information of the operator used, survey answers, etc.), to send you catalogs, brochures and printed marketing materials.
Our purposes for processing personal data may be updated in line with our site policies and our obligations arising from the legislation. If the data processing activity carried out for the aforementioned purposes does not meet any of the conditions stipulated in the Law, your express consent is provided by the Company regarding the relevant data processing process.
Principles Applied in Processing Your Personal Data
The following principles are followed in the processing of personal data:
- Compliance with the law and honesty rules.
- Being accurate and up to date when necessary.
- Processing for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- Being relevant, limited and restrained to the purpose for which they are processed.
- To be stored for the period required by the relevant legislation or for the purpose for which they were processed.
Registry Files and Permissions
PlacesinTurkey.net keeps the records of log files for statistical purposes like many standard servers. These files contain standard information such as your IP address, internet service provider, browser’s features, operating system, and entry-exit pages to the site. Log files are never used beyond statistical purposes, and do not violate your privacy.
Contact Forms and User Data
- Name surname
- User name
- Social Media Links
- Links You Provide
- Written Texts You Provide
- Other Preferential Information (For example, brief information about you, your website or other features that the service offers you and you use)
- Qualified data that you can give according to what you want.
This information is never shared with third parties.
Data can only be shared for the following reasons:
- To comply with legal procedures. (Applicable to all countries)
- To defend the rights of PlacesinTurkey.net.
- To avoid possible inaccuracies with the site.
- To ensure the safety of users of our site or the public.
- For legal liability. (For example, countries request data from us within legal frameworks)
- For the continuity of PlacesinTurkey.net. (For example, to the accountant for accounting transactions)
- To improve the PlacesinTurkey.net site. (Data transfer to strategic and technological partners within legal frameworks)
Transfer of Your Personal Data
- The site is under the responsibility to act in accordance with the regulations stipulated in the KVKK and other legislation regarding the transfer of personal data.
- The personal data of its members/users cannot be transferred by the site to another natural or legal person without the explicit consent of the person concerned. However, in cases where KVKK and other laws make it mandatory, the data may be transferred to an administrative or judicial institution or organization authorized in accordance with the legislation without the explicit consent of the person concerned.
- Your personal data may be shared with our subsidiaries and affiliates within the scope of the above-mentioned purposes, in accordance with the KVKK and the legislation in force, as well as with our business partners, business contacts, performance assistants and subcontractors for the purpose of the service we provide or regulatory and supervisory authorities and with official authorities, people, institutions and companies that the Site provides services to, banks, insurance company and agency with which the Site is contracted, tourism agency, card issuing company, and the law firm that the Site works with [accountants, financial advisors and auditors] and the data can be transferred to the country or abroad in cases stipulated by the legislation.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device or network server via browsers by the websites and mobile applications you visit. Cookies enable the website and mobile applications you visit to store information on your device and use this information during your next visits. Cookies created by a website or mobile application are stored by the web browser you use to access the site; Remote access to the information contained in these cookies is possible only by mobile applications and websites offered under the domain name that created the cookie, and if you use the same browser.
Cookies may be used in some parts of our site to provide user convenience. In addition, cookies and web beacons may be used to collect advertising data through advertisements on the site.
If you have an account and are logged into this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine whether your browser accepts cookies. This cookie does not contain any personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will save a few cookies to save your login information and screen view selection. Login cookies stay for two days and screen options cookies stay for one year. If you select the “Remember me” option, your login will continue throughout the cookie deletion. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
For detailed information about cookies, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org.
We use the cookie services of 3rd parties to move our site to better places and to analyze it. Some of them are:
- Google Analytics (for visitor analysis; visited page, location, device, traffic information and in-site movements. You can turn off the cookie optionally.)
- Google AdSense (Personalized advertisement, you can turn off the cookie optionally.)
- Daily Processing: We analyze all traffic through our infrastructure in a central, third-party location.
- Facebook: Facebook remarketing service provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950 To opt out of Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217 Facebook complies with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising created by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt out of Facebook and other participating companies using the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Association in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ , or using your mobile device settings. For more information about Facebook’s privacy practices, please visit this link about Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.cloudflare.com/privacypolicy/
Social Sharing Cookies
They are functional cookies that allow you to share the topics on our site on social media sites.
With the help of these plugins, for example, you can share content or suggest products. If you do not want social networks to collect data about you through the active plug-in, check the “Block third-party cookies” option in your browser settings.
Operational Cookies. (These cookies are used for the function of our site. It cannot be turned off.)
Preferences in terms of cookies used by frequently used companies for advertising activities can be managed through Your Online Choices.
- The settings tab of your mobile device can be used to manage Cookies on mobile devices.
- How to set Mozilla Firefox cookies, click here.
- How to set Google Chrome cookies, click here.
- How to set Yandex cookies, click here.
- How to set Safari cookies for Mobile, click here.
- How to set Safari cookies for Mac, click here.
- How to set cookies for Edge, click here.
You can find cookie settings for other browsers on their websites.
Direct Marketing Communications
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images that contain embedded location data (EXIF GPS). Website visitors can download and extract any location information from images on the website.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data displayed in the comments form, as well as the visitor’s IP address and browser information text to help spam detection.
Embedded content from other sites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Children under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their families when using our site. If someone under the age of 18 becomes a member of our site without permission, their family can notify us and delete their membership and information.
What are your rights regarding personal information?
(a) Access and correction of personal information
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we handle is accurate, complete and up to date. If you notice any errors in your personal information or change your personal information, please let us know.
- If we are unable or unwilling to provide you with access to any of your personal information or if we are unable to correct any of your personal information, we will provide you with our reasons as required by applicable law.
- You can also contact us if you would like more information about our privacy practices and how we process your personal information.
(b) Other rights
You may have the right to exercise additional rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain limitations and restrictions (depending on some conditions such as your place of residence). This may include rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Accordingly, depending on your location and unless limited by applicable law, the following rights may apply to you. These may include the following rights:
The right to access, update or delete the information we have about you.
Where possible, you can access your Personal Data directly from your account settings section, update them or request their deletion. If you are unable to perform these actions on your own, please contact us to assist you.
Right of rectification:
If the information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request correction of your information.
Right to object:
You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
Right of restriction:
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability.
You have the right to receive a copy of your information in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
Right to withdraw consent.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent to PlacesinTurkey.net’s permission to process your personal information at any time.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data.
Search engines send spiders to all your websites. Therefore, your profiles may appear in search engines. This is something out of our control.
By e-mail: info@placesinTurkey.net
If you would like to request any information on how we process, store or use your data or on any GDPR-related topic, you can contact us via the contact form by visiting our website.